Wednesday, June 5, 2013

{June 4}

So, I've tried to start this blog several times before...a place to record the blessings of each day...to count the gifts that God gives...all the way to 1,000..and more, but every time I've tried, I've gotten distracted by life and all of it's trials and busyness....

But...there's always a but...life has not been kind the past few weeks and I was reminded today by a dear friend the importance of counting our blessings...to see God even in the hard moments, so I will try again...counting each day the ways that God chooses to bless me.

{1} Melatonin...JoAnn brought me a little "happy" tonight in the form of a bottle of Melatonin that she scored at Walgreen's for FREE. She knew that I've been having trouble sleeping lately. I'm so thankful for friends that pay attention to the little things in my life.

{2} Vickie...I know she probably has no idea how she encouraged my heart today...just a simple text to check on me....and is a big reason why I decided to try this "counting gifts" thing one more time. I'm certain at this season of my life I need to be doing this more than ever before.

{3} Sharing a peanut butter & jelly sandwich with a cute little red-headed toddler...who happens to be my granddaughter, Olivia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment